My Other websites



Portfolio: www.davedind.com

Sunday, November 26, 2006

GI Joe...mel script!


*GI_Joe Mel script used for Global Illumination/Ambient Occlusion


Back from the grave!

This past week has been a trifle strange. I've had a cyst on the back of my right wrist for years and it's almost never caused me any trouble. At the start of this week I noticed that my wrist was a bit sore after spending time on the computer, and then the next day it was worse, and the next worse still. I had to take Wednesday off to see my doctor. I have to get it removed now, but that'll take plastic surgery, which is going to take a while to set up. Today has been a great day though, since I can really only feel any pain when I turn my wrist to an extreme angle. Otherwise I'm nearly back to normal pace for typing and mouse movements. I was expecting weeks and weeks of agony, but here's hoping that that was the worst of it for now.

On to the images! They're from a work in progress. Our assignment is to model a weapon and 3 game assets/props. I'm also working on a character model that's currently in the texturing stage. I'll have images of him in a seperate post once I'm done (hopefully this week). I'm planning on modeling a seperate weapon of my own design to go along with my character. I'll probably do that over the christmas break. For now he's going to get this model so he can at least shoot at stuff :) Oh, and sorry about the lack of cooler images. The Uzi model is pretty low poly, coming in at 418 Tris. Our limit is 1500 Tris, so I could still up the poly count to make it a bit smoother in certain areas. Still, I'm glad that I accomplished this in so few polys. Also, it only took about 2 hours or so to do from start to finish today, which is awesome because it would've taken me a couple more hours to model a few weeks ago! Yay for learning!

So once I texture this sucker I'll throw up some more pictures. Oh, and I'll toss in a wireframe shaded pass too so you can see how I modeled it :D

Until next time!

No comments: