My Other websites



Portfolio: www.davedind.com

Saturday, July 22, 2006

TMNT vs. MH

So here's the deal:

For the past two weeks I've been working full-time at a new job that's going to last until the end of the summer. So with that said, I won't be able to post art as frequently as I would like, but I'll still be posting links to cool artists and stuff when I get a chance.






That's right lads and ladies; the image above is for the new ANIMATED Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie! Click on the image to watch the trailer! It looks to be all hand animated too! Unlike Monster House (which I saw yesterday)...

---------

So Monster House. Beautiful visuals + crappy animation/lip sync = 3 1/2 or 4 out of 5. It's a shame that a film that caricatures life in such a cool, Tim Burtonesque style has to rely so heavily on motion capture. If Monster House had been hand animated, it would EASILY have been a 5 out of 5. The story is greatl, the voice acting (kids no less!) was really good, and it's just a beautiful film. Ridiculus rendering, texturing and a lighting.

Alas, time = money.

Oh oh! This should have been released for Halloween!




Lastly, check out Chris Appelhans' site Froghatstudios! Click on the spooky house above to see some BITCHIN' concept work for MH!

------

P.S. The links to The Amazing Screw on Head and TMNT came courtesy of Derrick of Animation House in Peterborough! Check out the blog @ http://alphanuiota.blogspot.com/ for hilarious pictures (of which I'm in a couple!)

------

Adab adab adab ah dats all folks!

1 comment:

Sevenstrokes said...

I've been meaning to check out monster house, its too bad they rely on mo-cap so much. I guess I'll still see it though as the design really appeals to me.

That TMNT trailer looks pretty freaken cool though I don't like some of the movement. I hope its good.