My Other websites



Portfolio: www.davedind.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Old & New Horizons




Here's a couple of oldies but goodies that were posted on a group blog sometime last winter. The first was for a post called "Gorillaz" where we had to re-design ourselves in the style of Jamie Hewlett's Gorillaz characters. I really had a lot of fun doing it and was just starting to get into learning how to use Illustrator. The second image was for the topic "winter woes" where we had to illustrate some aspect of winter that we find less than enjoyable. Can you guess what I don't like about winter? ;)

I really enjoyed posting on a group blog and since the one that I was posting on isn't active anymore, I think I might start one of my own! It was great fun seeing how others interperated the same topics and was usually good for a laugh. If anyone reading is interested in participating in a creative illustration blog, please leave a comment!

If you are a returning guest to this blog then you may well know that in the past I've promised to post more work more often and haven't always followed through. Since I have a bunch of stuff scanned that's just waiting to be painted, I'm going to challenge myself to keep posting work regularly. I'm also planning on doing some essay style posts about what I like to call the "Entertainment Art Industry"; I.E. the video game, film, and animation industries combined. Expect my opinions about old and new films and games that have inspired me over the years.

No comments: