My Other websites



Portfolio: www.davedind.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Brain holder

I got the notion to draw a skull when I was playing Pirates: Duels on the High Seas on my DS yesterday. The visual styling of the game is really cool, and I was going to attempt to emulate it, but I ended up getting carried away instead. I'm going to have another crack at doing a more cartoony skull soon and try to paint like Ryan Wood, which is no small task.

As a cool/interesting note, this piece was created entirely in photoshop, start to finish. I was inspired to try sketching digitally again after seeing Seamas Gallagher's work again recently, and since I really want to get better at painting digitally, I figured I'd give it another try! It was a lot of fun and I'm definately going to do it more often. All I need now is a bigger, better tablet as my little 4x5 Graphire is starting to cramp my style ;)

No comments: