My Other websites



Portfolio: www.davedind.com

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Verticals




Howdy all,

I wasn't able to get up to much drawing this week. Work leaves little time for the things that I want to do, and barely allows time for things that I need to do. With that said, above are a few drawings from my new recycled sketchbook that I started this week!

The first are two evil-types. I prefer the guy on the bottom, since I could see him being used as more of a main character for something. The guy on the top looks too much like an everyday mafia brute to be of much further interest. But that's just me :)

The second drawing below those two was done while I was waiting for a meeting to happen at work. I felt like designing a robot, which then became the "construct -O- bot". Maybe one day we'll have robots that can do all of the hard, physical work for us puny humans. Imagine the potential bedlam when they start asking for wages and freedom! Oy vey!
Since I didn't have much time to kill before the meeting, I wasn't terribly concerned with his design per se. He was meant to be very basic, simple shapes, primarily based on comforting round shapes. I figure it'll help people accept him more once the first batch are built.

The final image is from about 2 weeks or so ago. I'd taken to drawing on loose 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper, which I keep strewn on my desk, and doodled this guy out one day. He was a straight, one-shot with a marker/pen. I felt like drawing something in one go, and he was the result.


------------------------


That's all for now, as I should be getting to bed. I shall post again shortly, hopefully with more art this time and some new thoughts about drawing!

Until then.

2 comments:

Alter-Ego said...

I looooooooooove that robot. Very sexy.

And they guy with the curly mustache has a hint of V for Vendetta, which is always nice.

Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Loooooooove dude!

I have to try and draw things that I haven't given much time in the past this year.

I can't wait to hear what you think of stuff!

Oh, and POST DAMN YOU!